We’re pulling back the curtain on the mysterious minds of funders! The following are some of the considerations funders keep in mind when reviewing a budget.
- Is your budget request in line with the type and size of other grants given by your funder?
- Does your budget include all requested items and follow formatting guidelines?
- Are your project budget requests in line with the organization’s operating budget?
- Does your budget reflect the program you described in the narrative section of the proposal?
- Is your budget accurately justified by the projected outcomes of the project?
- Is there community support shown in your budget?
- Have you double-checked to make sure your calculations are correct?
- Are the expenses justified?